No-bake, with whole fresh strawberries, a layer of creamy ganache, a whipped filling only dreams are made of, and shaved chocolate to take it all the way home. This pie is the ultimate way to impress your family and friends on just about any occasion! Plus, it comes together without opening your oven once.
Hey you guys!!! Happy Pi/Pie Day!!!
I have been dying to share this recipe with you since the moment we first tasted it in my kitchen. It was a WINNER by all means, and fulfilled all my pie dreams and then some.
Without delay, let's jump right in:
First, we have our Oreo crust layer - just two ingredients: oreos and butter. Pulse them together and press them into your springform pan. Refrigerate. Easy peasy.
Next, the ganache layer. Chocolate and heavy cream in the microwave until it's melted to perfection.
Easy again. Notice a pattern here? :)
Next, place in whole juicy strawberries. Berry season is so close I can literally taste it! So pick up a large package of them and use them in this pie asap, my friends.
Lastly, the filling. This stuff is RIDICULOUSLY good. It's soft, but holds it's shape when you slice into it. There's a secret ingredient you wound't suspect inside the filling, but trust me, it makes all the difference.
Top it all off with some chocolate shavings, throw it into the fridge for one last chill, and
YOU HAVE MET YOUR NEW FAVORITE PIE.
Each bite tasted like strawberry chocolate perfection.
You'll taste a piece of crumbled oreo, juicy strawberries, soft filling, and that awesome little top note of chocolate shaving at the end. It's pretty remarkable, stuff.
I snuck a piece to my sister at work, and she was blown away. She said she ate every single bit of it, and was sooo happy!
...as were we when my husband and I basically attacked this pie with forks that night.
We're classy like that. haha.
So, along with this ridiculously amazing pie recipe I'm sharing with you guys today, make sure to take a peek below at over 21 PIE RECIPES to celebrate pie/pi day today! You are sure to find one that you absolutely love. Have fun, and happy baking!
Strawberry Chocolate Pie
makes 8-10 servings
25 oreo cookies
1/2 cup butter, diced
1 Tablespoon butter
3oz baking chocolate, unsweetened, chopped
8oz cream cheese, diced
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated chocolate
1/2 cup baking chocolate
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cups strawberrys, stems removed, kept whole
1. Prep a springform pan with a touch of cooking spray, then set aside.
2. To make the crust: pulse cookies and 1/3 cup butter in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Press the crumb mixture into prepared springform pan (up the sides and keep things flat on the bottom - using the bottom of a glass cup sprayed with cooking spray can help with this). Refridgerate for 30 minutes.
3. To make the filling (while crust is setting): Add about 1 cup of water to a small saucepan and boil over medium heat. Place the chocolate and butter into a metal bowl and set on top of the hot water. Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water (and that you wear oven mits). Cook the chocolate and butter until melted.
4. Add in diced cream cheese and stir until it melts and blends in with the buttery chocolate mixture. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Add in the powdered sugar and stir to combine. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, make the gananche: In the microwave, melt the chocolate and heavy cream together for 30 seconds, stir. Then another 20 seconds, then stir until a thick creamy sauce forms. Repeat at 10 second increments if needed. Pour ganache over oreo crust and place in the strawberries. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
6. While the ganache is setting, finish the filling: In a chilled bowl of your stand mixer, with a chilled whisk, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the chocolate filling into chilled chocolate mixture. Spoon the filling over the springform pie with strawberries & ganache layer chilled.
7. Sprinkle chocolate shavings over pie and chill for 3-4 hours. Serve immediately (stays good for about a day or two - the juicy strawberries like to get a little too juicy, haha).
recipe adapted from: A Treats Affair
Don't forget to check out these AMAZING 11+ pie recipes!!
Shepherd's Pie - Ashlee Marie
Coconut Cream Pie - Life Made Simple
Raspberries and Cream Pie - Real Mom Kitchen
Vegan Berry Pie with Sugar Cookie Crust - Namely Marly
Lemon Meringue Pie - The Baker Upstairs
Pineapple Fluff Pie - Yellow Bliss Road
Instant Pot or Crock Pot Beef Pot Pie - 365 Days of Slow Cooking
German Chocolate Pie - Creations by Kara
Chicken Pot Pie with Cheddar Biscuit Crust - Hey Grill Hey
Meat and Potatoes Pie - Foodie with Family
Coconut Custard Pie - Gather for Bread
11+ more MOUTHWATERING pie recipes!
Cream Puff Pie - Cooking Classy
French Silk Pie - Baking with Blondie
Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Pie - Yellow Bliss Road
Smores Pie - Cooking Classy
Salted Caramel Banana Cream Pie - Baking with Blondie
Ham and Mashed Potato Pie - Chelsea's Messy Apron
Unbelieveable Peanut Butter Pie - Sallys Baking Addiction
Double Chocolate French Silk Pie - Life Made Simple
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie - Baking with Blondie
Double Crust Chicken Pot Pie - Sallys Baking Addiction
Heath Bar Ice Cream Pie - Gimme Some Oven
10-minute Creamy Chocolate Icebox Pie - Foodie with Family
Snickers Caramel Tart - Sallys Baking Addiction
AND THE PERFECT CRUST TO GO WITH THEM ALL:
Happy Pi/Pie Day, everyone!