Skip to main content

Valentine's Day Double Chocolate Donuts


OH man, you guys. Valentine's Day is next week and we are already smitten for all things looove around here. And I LOVE these double chocolate donuts.

Like a lot, a lot. 

And you will too - no joke. They were soft, sweet, and had the most gorgeous texture. Truly a lovely treat for Valentine's Day - or any other day you're craving a special treat! 


When I lived at my brother's house this summer while we were saving up for our home, I fell head-over-heels in love with my sister-in-law's donut pans. Seriously, they were the cutest thing I'd ever seen, and made the most darling little donuts I've ever had. 

So when she gifted me a donut pan for my birthday, I just about died and gone to heaven!! 


I knew the first recipe I'd make with that donut pan would be a chocolate one, and might as well make it a double chocolate one with a chocolate glaze, eh?   

I thought so! 


The recipe is very straight forward, requires no stand mixer, and comes together very quickly. Mix in the dry ingredients with the wet ones, pipe the batter into the donut pans, bake, dip in the frosting/glaze, and call it DONUT HEAVEN in less than 20 minutes. 


If you're reading this today, on Febuary 6th, JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK LIVE making these donuts today!!! I'll be on sometime in the late morning, and can't wait to see you. Hop on over to my Facebook page and make sure to subscribe so you don't miss it! If you do, you can always catch the replay. Love you guys lots and lots, and see you soon! 


Double Chocolate Donuts 
makes 12 normal-sized donuts, or 24 mini donuts

ingredients:

donut:
3/4 C all-purpose flour
1/3 C cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
2 1/2 Tablespoons melted butter, cooled to room temperature
1 egg
1/4 C packed brown sugar
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
6 Tablespoons buttermilk

glaze: 
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
5 Tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoons corn syrup
sprinkles

method:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prep a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. 
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. 
3. In another medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, sugars, vanilla, and buttermilk. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk until combined. 
4. Using a large piping bag without a tip, or a ziploc baggie with a corner cut off, pipe the dough into the donut pan - only use a little bit, don't over fill. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, turn the pan over to free the donuts from the pan, and allow the donuts to cool on an cooling rack. 
5. Make the glaze: whisk together the icing sugar, cocoa, cream, and corn syrup. Whisk until glaze is smooth. Add in more powdered sugar to thicken, or heavy cream to thin to desired consistency. Top with sprinkles, and store in an airtight container for up to 2 days for best freshness. 

recipe adapted from: Just So Tasty 

Comments

  1. I can't get over how pretty your pictures are. You got one awesome camera. It keeps me coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Loved watching you make these on Facebook today and can't wait to try them ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check Top Happy Valentines Wishes 2018 for Friends to celebrated this wonderful Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Top 10 Happy Valentines Messages 2018 are here, you can download best SMS of Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what I am making in this Valentines day. Have you tried Pakistani Cooking Recipes I love all Pakistani Recipes and mostly the appetizers by zarnak sidhwa recipes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Monster Truck Birthday Party