Hey there friends!!! Welcome to my day THREE of my official Sheet Pan Meal week. This one was definitely one of my favorites, so it was super hard to not share it with you on the very first day!
Mostly because bruschetta is one of my favorite things in the whole world.
Except for tacos. Tacos always win.
Tacos, then bruschetta.
Glad we got that covered.
This chicken is super juicy and cooked to absolute perfection. Top it with some soft mozzarella, and the most heavenly tomatoes stirred with basil, balsamic vinegar, and a little pinch of salt and pepper, and you are all set for dinnertime. Oh wait, I forgot to mention these KILLER potatoes! My goodness, they could be a dish on their own and have me sold.
Let's jump right into this goodness asap! 😁
Like I said. Let's keep this as easy as possible. THIS sheet pan meal is exactly what the doctor ordered.
It was a simple as the following: Place the chicken on the pan and salt and pepper them.
We're good so far? Eh?
Told you we're easy here, today.
Next, place the quartered baby red potatoes on the baking sheet as well. Drizzle with a little olive oil, and top with some Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Still with me? 😂
Next, bake to perfection. Top each chicken breast with a mozzarella cheese slice in the last couple minutes of baking.
Then the tomatoes, OH MY HEAVENS, the tomatoes. My Mom is going to roll her eyes at these (she hates tomatoes, and tried her best to get us to hate them, too, haha). Toss them with fresh basil, a little bit of sweet basalmic vinegar, salt and pepper. Spoon about a 1/2 cup of this heavenly bruschetta mixture on the chicken, and you have dinner. Done and DONE.
We served this as is, right on the plate, with a few slices of oranges and some fresh berries. Dinner was colorful, delicious, and easy peasy.
I hope you come back tomorrow with another super yummy sheet pan meal! It's one with some Mexican flair, and one you're sure to want try asap.
Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken
makes 4 servings
2 cups multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
salt and pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
16oz baby red potatoes, quartered
3 Tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
4 mozzarella slices
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Make the bruschetta by combining tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and basil in a medium bowl. Toss in some salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place on the baking sheet. Place potatoes on baking sheet as well. Top with a drizzle of olive oil, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine.
4. Place in oven and bake until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees with food thermometer inserted in thickest part of the chicken), and potatoes are golden crisp, about 25 minutes.
5. Top chicken with mozzarella slices during the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Top chicken with bruschetta and serve immediately!