Skip to main content

Thai Peanut Veggie Noodles


So, today's recipe is meatless, and STUFFED full of fresh veggies. It's insane, I tell you. 

There are some days when I feel like I need a giant juicy steak, and sometimes, I really, really, crave a bowl full of lovely veggies. 

This, will feed your veggie-tooth in countless ways, and will leave you saying "Steak say whaaat?" 

Here we go: 


My mother-in-law, the master of finding all things amazing for my kitchen, gave me a spiralizer for Christmas, and I have LOVE LOVE LOVED every second using it. If you have one, this recipe is for you! If you don't yet, that's okay, just julienne your veggies right up and things will still work out. Still, wouldn't hurt to ask Santa for one this year ;) 


After spiralizing up the veggies, I put them in a pan to saute until tender. Then I made the sauce. It only takes a few ingredients, and comes together so quickly. I love peanut sauce, and this one is no exception! You don't have to dirty another pan either - just whisk the sauce in a small bowl, and pour right over the tender veggies. The zoodles/coodles? soak up the sauce and warm it to perfection. 


The toppings... oh man, do you SEE THOSE TOPPINGS?


They are what makes this recipe go from yum to HOLY SMOKES I HAVE TO EAT THIS EVERY SINGLE DAY. No really. They are that good. 


We have salty peanuts, sesame seeds, green onions, and cilantro. The flavors are all so fresh, so bright, and so colorful. You could easily eat this alone for dinner, or make it for lunch-time meal prep for the week, or even serve it alongside some grilled chicken if you'd like. My littlest son ate SO MUCH of this the first time I gave it to him, and I may have done exactly the same :). I hope you guys enjoy this healthy all-veggie dish as much as we did! 


Thai Peanut Veggie Noodles
makes 4 servings

ingredients:
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
4 Tablespoons peanut butter
1 lime, zested and juiced
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil 
3 medium zucchini, spiral sliced 
2 large/thick carrots, spiral sliced 
1 red pepper, sliced
1/3 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup whole salted peanuts
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
lime wedges as a garnish

method:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, ginger, peanut butter, lime juice, lime zest, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Set aside. 
2. In a large pan, add in vegetable oil, and saute zucchini, carrots, and bell peppers until tender. Add in sauce and stir until heated through. Served topped with cilantro, green onions, salted peanuts, sesame seeds and lime wedges. 

Recipe adapted slightly from: Dinner then Dessert 

Comments

  1. Is the device available most places? I would love to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the device available most places? I would love to get one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've seen it at Target, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Amazon for sure.

      Delete
  3. Wow I was looking for different recipe for noodles my friend is like crazy for noodles and he eat them at least 4 5 times a week. Have you tried Pakistani Cooking Recipes I love all Pakistani Recipes and mostly the appetizers by zarnak sidhwa recipes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Monster Truck Birthday Party