Skip to main content

Chicken Crunch Wrap



If you've never had a crunch wrap from Taco Bell... then you don't know what amazing goodness this tortilla keeps in hiding...

I love taking my favorite foods from restaurants (in this case... a not-so-restaurant) and making them at home. I can't get enough of that dang Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme. If I go to Taco Bell, I get this almost every time (it's not like we really ever eat out... unless it's Cafe Rio or a special occasion). 

After eating one of these tonight for dinner, it'll be hard to talk me into going through that drive through again. It was too easy to make these, and (didn't think it was possible) they tasted a thousand times better. The gooey nacho cheese is the star - it's what makes this thing absolutely heavenly.

Let's just talk about the layers of this little lover: 

Layer one: Gooey, warm, shredded chicken. (normally, crunch wraps are prepared with ground beef, but I'm on a bit of a chicken kick this week). 

Layer two: Spicy nacho cheese. I actually used the Taco Bell brand queso cheese. Yes, it's probably processed/fake, but I like it. 

Layer three: A crispy/crunchy & warm corn tortilla

Layer four: Sour cream. I believe sour cream was created for Mexican food. Straight up. 

Layer five: Fresh, ripe tomatoes, crisp romaine lettuce, and (of course) a few cilantro leaves.

All layers wrapped in a warm and slightly crunchy burrito tortilla for your hand-held convenience. 


I know. It should be a crime.

 -------

Chicken Crunch Wrap
inspired by my endless Taco Bell cravings

1 fresh vine-on tomato, chopped
2 giant romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
Burrito-size tortillas (you can use wheat, as well)
Corn tortillas (or you could use taco chips, maybe?)
Nacho Cheese (I used the Taco Bell brand because I'm obsessed with their fake cheese. But you could use shredded cheddar, or make your own cheese sauce via your typical roux)
1 chicken breast, chopped
1/2 packet taco seasoning (or make your own. I just wanted to save time)
cilantro (of course)
sour cream
EVOO

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Heat up your EVOO over medium in a small pan. Throw in your chicken, and about halfway through (little pink) dump in half of your taco packet seasoning and about 1/4 cup water. Turn temperature down and let simmer until cooked through and small sauce forms. Remove from heat, set aside.

Add however many corn tortillas you need onto an ungreased pan (I just used our pizza pan) and into the oven for about 5 minutes (until crispy).

Microwave your burrito tortilla about 25 seconds. Layer on your chicken, nacho cheese sauce, crispy corn tortilla, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and cilantro on your warm burrito (in the middle). Next is the fun part. Starting on one side, take small sections and fold up around the circle shape of the corn tortilla - keep doing this until your innards are all covered (if you can see lettuce and tomato, cut a small circle from another burrito tortilla and slip it inside to cover the top).

Heat up grill/large pan (about medium heat) with a teeny bit of EVOO. Lay your crunch wrap folded-side down on your warm pan. When it's crispy, flip it.

Devour. 

I've been featured! 
and


Thank you!


 linking up here

Comments

  1. These look SO good!! Boy, I'd love to eat one of those right now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man. These were so tasty - I only had them yesterday and I'm already craving them again.

      Delete
  2. Yum! These look so much tastier than Taco Bell's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks absolutely DELICIOUS! Just found your blog through Fantabulous Friday, and I'm going to have to stop in more :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh my heck, they really were. We just had them again for dinner tonight, actually :)

      Delete
  5. Just found you through "Thirty Handmade Days" pity party. This is what the whole family gets when we go to Taco Bell. I will be adding this to the monthly recipe rotation IM-mediately! Thanks so much :)
    mylifeinpodunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yes! You guys have good taste! There's just something so satisfsying about the creamy, crunchy, melty, goodness this wrap provides.

      Delete
  6. Yum - this sounds so good right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, when does this pizza not sound good? Then again, I could eat it for breakfast!

      Delete
  7. Pinning this one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this looks really good! I am pinning it so I can make this later. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday. I hope to see you at the next party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Featuring on Thursday at Bacon Time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindie!!!!! Thank you so much! You made me laugh with your "Drool" comment :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for linking up to Showcase Your Talent Thursday, you have been featured! http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-your-talent-thursday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Alyssa! I've linked up your party to my fb page, thanks again!

      Delete
  11. This looks a million times better than Taco Bell's and I'm telling myself it's better for me too ;) Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Monster Truck Birthday Party

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing