Skip to main content

Easy Cheddar Bay Biscuits


Whenever my husband and I go out to dinner, which isn't all that often but certainly does happen, my husband will order something with fish in it 100% of the time. Why? I don't like fish. I don't make fish. I don't serve him fish. I suck at fish. Poor guy!

I remember when we were living about 20 minutes outside of Washington, DC for the summer, we thought it would be fun to get some fish. Okay, Ryan thought it would be fun - we all know how I feel about this. We were much closer to the ocean than our usual Utah-land-locked self, so he thought we should find some crab or lobster somewhere while we were out there. We drove around and found a place with fresh lobster and crab - caught that very day! I didn't taste any, but from what he said, it was apparently amazing. It still smelled like a bowl of fish to me, but I was happy that he was happy. 

On the table was a pile of cheddar biscuits. They were super-garlicy, but in a really delicious way; each one was loaded with pockets of cheddar cheese. The biscuits were seriously heavenly, and so addicting! I made the classic mistake of filling up on them before my fish-less entree arrived, and didn't even care. I had found my new love, and my stomach was filled to the brim with them. 


Think of what you're having for dinner tonight - you could make these along with it. I promise! It takes less than 20 minutes, start to finish. SO easy. They require no rolling, no rising, no yeast, no fuss at all. Just mixing the dry into the wet ingredients, and scooping them on a cookie sheet. Bake. Done. Seriously - zero effort at all. Since we're at the tail-end of comfort food and soup season, I thought we could sneak in this one recipe that can definitely accompany any of them. We had them with my Creamy Asparagus Soup, and wished I would have doubled the batch! 


Cheddar Bay Biscuits 
makes 10 large biscuits

ingredients:
2 C all-purpose flour
1 T sugar
1 T baking powder
2 t garlic powder
1/2 t kosher salt
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1 C buttermilk
1/2 C unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese

method:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. 
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Set aside. 
3. In a separate small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and butter. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir together using a rubber spatula. Stir until just combined, don't overmix. Next, gently fold in the cheddar cheese. 
4. Using an 1/4 C ice-cream scoop with a trigger release, scoop the batter evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately with warm soup. 

recipe adapted from: Damn Delicious

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

Berry Spinach Salad with Strawberry Lime Vinaigrette

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers

Blackberry & Mint Brownie Parfait

Beefy Macaroni and Cheese

Chicken Crunch Wrap