Skip to main content

Carrot-Pineapple Smoothie

Awww! Just look at that little pineapple shark in the pool of carrot goodness. 

I seriously need to get out more, people. 

Sick kids are no joke. I feel extremely lucky for not having the Manchild ill since he was only weeks old. But life has a funny way of catching up and throwing you quite the curve ball. This kid is loaded with a couple ear infections, a repository virus, a nasty cough that chills your bones, and is still recovering from a recent case of tonsillitis. 

So it goes without saying that this past week has just been a party-and-a-half in the Blondie household. 

And no matter how sweet-as-candy they create the antibiotics and cough medicine, the kid still refuses to willingly take it. Hiding it in juice was a nice attempt, too - but completely backfired. I feel like every morning is a torture session, and it breaks my heart. Then again, I've been an advocate for tough love since the beginning.

With all the kid vs. medicine matches, my obsessive need to try to keep the house in order, and the miserable zombie child pillaging the living room, there has been almost no time at all for a decent lunch. 

This shake saved the day. 

Veggies. Fruit. Seriously. 

5 amazing ingredients have never been so worth it.  

-------
Carrot-Pineapple Smoothie
makes about 2 medium servings

Ingredients:
3/4 C chopped fresh pineapple
1/2 C chopped carrot
1 banana, peeled and chopped
1/2 C ice 
1/3 C fresh 100% orange juice

Method:
1. Combine everything in your blender. Go nuts. 

recipe inspired by: real simple

Comments

  1. Poor little guy. I sure hope he is better soon. Hate to see a little one sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he gets to feeling better soon!! That's no fun at all!

    This smoothie looks like a perfect meal for when life gets crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I stumbled upon your blog as I was exploring some of the blogs my own blog's readers follow, and I just loved this post. I think my readers would really love this smoothie recipe, too! I'd like to invite you to participate in my blog's link-up party to celebrate the end of National Nutrition Month - feel free to check it out and share one of the delicious, healthy recipes you've been enjoying this past month! http://bit.ly/YCpeHq

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this on Pinterest. I just made it and it's great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Es delicioso y tiene muchos beneficios y rĂ¡pido to de hacer

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm taking these smoothies for a month and I'm feeling great, lost a few pounds and I have a lot more energy. I love your recipe, it's quite similar to mine and I always looking for a change of flavours.

    Mariz
    Great data for Seattle Directional Drilling Company

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Monster Truck Birthday Party

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing