Skip to main content

Magleby's Rolls

pictured above without the parsley
These rolls are so delicious it's just sick.

Sick, I tell you.

We made a batch of these on Sunday (one and a half dozen) to go along with our Chicken and Couscous Soup, and finished them off by Monday morning. We're addicts.

Oh wait, it get's better - I made another full batch the very next morning. In my defense, it was for a funeral. I still ate a couple while they were burning hot out of the oven. Totally worth it.

We've eaten at Magleby's several times, and each time we go I am delighted by their loaded salads, perfected entrees (their spare ribs... save us all), legendary chocolate cake, and last but not least: their mouthwatering rolls. I've always wondered what they use on top of the rolls. The only flavors I could pick out were garlic and salty Parmesan. All I knew for sure is that I loved them, and I couldn't wait until our next visit (usually not often because of our budget) to have them again.

These rolls fit the bill perfectly. Originally, one of the ingredients scared me to death: why the heck use mayo? I thought it was completely bizarre, and wasn't to thrilled to try it, but was still curious and followed the recipe.

I swear straight up and down to Mexico: use the mayo.

I still have no idea if these are the actual ingredients they use at Maglebys to make those heavenly rolls, but they sure taste like I've walked in and had myself a few straight from their kitchen.

-------
Magleby's Rolls - Copycat Recipe 

Ingredients:
1 bag frozen dinner rolls (we used Rhodes)
Mayonnaise (amount depends on the number you're making)
Melted Butter ''
Parmesan Cheese ''
Garlic Powder
Parsley (dried, not fresh)

Method:
1. Place mayo, cheese, and butter in separate bowls. Grease the heck out of your muffin tins.
2. Take the frozen ball of dough, dip the top half into the mayo, then right into the butter, then finally the cheese. Place roll cheese-side-up in muffin tin.
3. Sprinkle with garlic powder and dried parsley and let rise according to directions (mine took 3 hrs, but it will all depend on the surrounding temperature)
4. Bake according to directions on package (mine were done in about 8-10 minutes).

Recipe source: Your Home Based Mom

Comments

  1. These sound great. Any advice on proportion of mayo/butter per roll?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Almond Infused Cream Cheese Frosting