Skip to main content

Avocado Egg Salad Wrap

Holy moly, people. 

I've had this recipe pinned since the Ice Age, and let me tell you right now (as goes the story with most things I've pinned) :  I wish I would have tried this recipe sooner. 

I like to think I've been really good about making the recipes on my Pinterest boards, and in my cookbooks. But I feel like the more recipes I try, the more recipes I add to my list! It's a never ending vicious cycle. Good thing my kitchen life is on publicized on blog land now, right?

This avocado egg salad was dynamite. It has very few ingredients, is surprisingly filling, and has the potential to fit almost any taste palate you could probably think of (unless you hate avocados or eggs... then you're on your own). Just add the seasonings that speak to you, and you'll find yourself loving this wrap from the first bite. 

The original recipe called for curry powder, but I went straight to the cumin. It went perfectly with the avocado! Next time I think I'll even add some cilantro (Ryan probably thinks I could find a way to add cilantro to just about anything). I ate my avocado egg salad in a multi-grain wrap, and Ryan enjoyed his on plain white bread.

I know. It's mid-week and we're already party animals. 

-------
Avocado Egg Salad Wrap

Ingredients:
3-4 hard boiled eggs 
1 ripe avocado, pit and skin removed
1 T mayo or greek yogurt
1/2 t cumin (add more to taste)
pinch of salt and pepper
2 whole grain/white tortillas

Directions:
1. Remove outer shell from eggs. Add eggs and avocado to a medium bowl. 
2. Mix in mayo, cumin, salt & pepper. 
3. Heat up tortillas in microwave for 15 seconds (makes them easier to bend).
4. Spread avocado-egg mixture in the middle of your tortillas. Fold in edges like a burrito/egg roll. 
5. Cut in half and enjoy! 

adapted from: {never} homemaker

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Almond Infused Cream Cheese Frosting