Skip to main content

Seasonally Splendid Cooking

I usually serve seasonal food when it comes to fruit - and want to be much better with seasonal veggies. I think I'm pretty good around harvest season. Fall is easy in our household - the beautiful veggies from my grandpa's garden makes it hard not to. I think the other season's aren't as strong in my kitchen. This year I'm trying my best to change that part of my cooking.

I know this list above isn't complete, but it's definitely a good start on what to follow. Ingredients, such as these, taste a million times better when they're in season! So it might be worth the time to take a quick look over this list before making that shopping list, eh?

I think we're doing pretty well so far. Last week we used green onions, lemons, lettuce, maple syrup, mushrooms, spinach, strawberries and a bit of parsley throughout the week in our meals. I'm going to try a little harder, and see if we can branch out next week into some other ingredient choices of this beautiful Spring season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers

Berry Spinach Salad with Strawberry Lime Vinaigrette

Blackberry & Mint Brownie Parfait

Beefy Macaroni and Cheese

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup