Skip to main content

Spicy Apple-Glazed Meatballs

Another week night meal success! I decided to go all "dinners" on you guys this week. Last week I felt like I was making dessert after dessert.

Tonight's dinner recipe was a huge hit - and super easy (thank heavens). Sometimes I really don't like cooking dinner, but when I find recipes as quick and tasty as this one, it motivates me on those harder days. Tonight I have rehearsal, so these were so easy to prepare ahead, simmer away, and have the white rice all ready in my little rice cooker (for whenever Ryan gets home...sometimes it's a mystery).

I love meatballs. Whenever I go to a wedding reception or baby/bridal shower and they have meatballs, I clean them out. Why not? A savory little pop of juicy meat? Count me in. Always. I snuck a little taste of the meatball sauce while making it, and I immediately couldn't wait for the meatballs to be finished! It was sweet, but had a little after kick. My house smells so wonderful from the sauce!

If you wanted to add some veggie-value, perhaps some steamed broccoli. We ate these with freshly sliced cold oranges for fruit-goodness. Yum, people. Yum. This recipe gets a solid 10/10 from the blondie household.

-------

Spicy Apple-Glazed Meatballs
recipe from Better Homes & Gardens

Spicy Meatballs:
1 egg
1/4 C milk
2 slices whole-wheat bread, torn
1 lb ground beef
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t pepper
1/4 t salt
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1 t vegetable oil

Apple Glaze:
1 C apple juice
1/4 soy sauce
3 T packed brown sugar
1 1/2 t cornstarch
1 t ground ginger
1/4 t cayenne pepper
6 green onions, chopped

For Spicy Meatballs, in a large bowl whisk together egg and milk. Add bread. Let stand 10 minutes, just until bread is softened. Add beef, garlic, black pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper. Mix thoroughly with hands or wooden spoon. Shape beef mixture in 48 one-inch meatballs.

In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook meatballs, half at a time, about 6 minutes per batch, turning occasionally until brown and crusty on outside and no longer pink inside. Transfer meatballs to a covered dish; cover to keep warm. Drain fat from skillet; wipe out skillet.

For Apple Glaze, in a small bowl combine apple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and cayenne pepper. In same skillet as meatballs were cooked, cook and stir juice mixture until thickened and bubbly (at full boil). Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Return meatballs to skillet to heat through and coat with sauce. Transfer glazed meatballs a serving dish. Top with green onions.
 
I've been featured!

and

 
 Thank You!

linking up here.

Comments

  1. This looks to yummy! We have a ton of ground beef in the freezer so I am always on the lookout for new ways to make meatballs. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweet! This is such a fun new way to have ground beef too (plus you can have your kids get their hands all messy while mixing up the ground beef).

      Delete
  2. These look great! I'm always happy to find a new meatball recipe. I'm pinning this one for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning! You won't be sorry - the glaze is just nuts.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking this up to the Pinworthy Projects Party. Just wanted to let you know that I will be featuring this tomorrow. I hope you will stop by and grab a button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH my goodness!! Thank you so much Shannon/Ladies!! Will do.

      Delete
  4. Totally out of the box... how neat apple glaze on meatballs. I'm pinning this. Thanks for sharing it on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun? I love the sweet tang the apple juice brings to the glaze, and how wonderful it tasted with the touch of heat. Thanks again Diane for hosting!

      Delete
  5. The meatballs look delicious and the glaze sounds great. I always love finding easy recipes for dinner, this is a good one. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous idea for dinner!!! I absolutely am making this over the weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice!! You guys will LOVE it! You'll have to let me know how it goes! (and if you have any questions!) Enjoy!

      Delete
  7. This looks absolutely delicious! We can't wait to try it! We appreciate you linking up to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We love seeing all of the great recipes and fun ideas! Hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Blondie, I can't wait to give this recipe a try. I looks divine. Thank you so much for linking up on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for not only sharing this delicious recipe but also for linking your post to my weekly Say G'day Saturday party. I am pinning this delicious recipe right now!

    Hope you can join in again this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really does sound delish!!! I will be trying it out it was great to find another great recipe. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you frozen these meatballs with good results?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Monster Truck Birthday Party

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing