Skip to main content

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies

Oh my sugar overload.

I ate one of these and I think my sweet tooth almost jumped outta my mouth (or exploded altogether). I've decided Ryan needs a little fattening-up, so when he said he'd slick up the entire pan throughout the week, I didn't discourage that idea for a second - even with all the sugar involved in that decision. These are so dang yummy - the gooey brownie with the soft cookie dough. It's kind of ridiculous.

This recipe needed a little tweaking for my taste, mostly with the sugar in the cookie dough (changed from regular sugar to powdered sugar to not have a grainy texture in the dough, and the cooking time for the brownies. Also, thank heavens the cookie dough doesn't require any eggs (not that I ever say no to raw cookie dough with eggs... heh).

Glass of milk should probably be nearby after consuming these. Yes, I'm threatening you. "Michael Bluth is threatening me!" - name that quote (without google) and you get 50 awesome points.

------

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies

recipe adapted from 'recipegirl.com'

Brownie:
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups light brown sugar, packed
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour


Cookie Dough:  
3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons whole milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips


1. Prepare the brownies: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray. In a medium glass bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave in short bursts of 30 seconds; stir after each burst and remove from microwave when melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk those in too. Mix in melted chocolate. Whisk in the flour and mix just until combined (don't over-mix). Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 25 to 35 minutes (I checked mine at 35, and it was still gooey, so I added about 15 minutes and it was perfect). Watch closely and remove from oven when toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.

2. Prepare the cookie dough: In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Mix in milk and vanilla. Mix in flour just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

3. Spread cookie dough over the cooled brownies. Refrigerate until the dough is quite firm. It's okay to speed up the process and place it in the freezer too. The firmer the dough, the easier it will be to cut into neat squares.


This recipe is currently being featured at The Frugal Girls



 






Comments

  1. Oh WOW! This looks so good! I've pinned it for later baking. I was looking for a follow button to get you in my blogger feed, but see that you don't have one... An I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karyn for visiting - this recipe won't disappoint! As for following, if you look up at the top of the page on the Navbar, there should be the word "Follow" at the top left next to "Share". Eventually I'll have it all on the sidebar, but for now that should do. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to make these! I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/04/safe-cooking-habits-and-tips-show-your.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look just divine!
    I wish I could eat one right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, they were really tasty! We gave up cutting them out of the pan with a knife, and just ate it right out of the pan with forks!

      Delete
  5. Just found your site at Uncommon party.....and joined up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I love those guys! Thanks for stopping by Deana! You rock, woman!

      Delete
  6. These look amazing!! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe! We loved having you join our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope to see you next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting, guys. You always have my favorite party of the week!

      Delete
  7. Y-U-M-M-Y!! And I recognized the *Arrested Development* quote! (At least, I think I do!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather!!!! You rock, woman!! I was hoping someone would catch that. We LOVE Arrested Development, I was just watching it before I posted this.

      Delete
  8. looks amazing!!! quote is kitty yelling at michael bluth in the spring break episode :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yes, it is! You get 50 awesome points, man. Nice work :)

      Delete
  9. OMG!!! Can't wait to make those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Got me again! Pinning these for sure, these will be eaten in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! These look incredible! I think I will have to make these this week! :)

    Ngaio xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. had to pin these they look awesome thanks for this recipe that's a very good idea to use the powdered sugar for less graininess way to fattening gonna bake some anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Monster Truck Birthday Party

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing