Skip to main content

Southwestern Egg Rolls

Last night I was on the phone with my Mom, she was baking up some yummy egg rolls. This reminded me of these delicious Southwestern Egg Rolls I made on New Years Eve. I found the recipe on a fantastic blog - it's a gold mine of wonderful recipe ideas, and the ingredients aren't so out-of-this-world that it's harder to throw the recipe together.

The egg roll wrappers can be found in the produce section. I remember the first time I was looking for them at the grocery store... couldn't find them anywhere! To me, the produce section seems like a strange place to eventually find these, but they're right there next to the wonton wrappers.

I think the next time I make this, I'll use less spinach or avoid it altogether (I already used half the recipe called for, and it was too much for my taste). Annie was right, eating this with salsa hits the spot perfectly. I love how crunchy the wonton wrappers become in the oven! It's delicious! But, I learned (from the leftovers) that the next day, the egg roll shells aren't as wonderfully crispy - so gobble them up the day you make them!

------

Southwestern Egg Rolls
(with my commentary)

"2 cups frozen corn, thawed (I used canned corn)
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry  
(again, spinach isn't my thing...)
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles, drained
4 green onions, chopped

Comments

  1. dang - I'm glad you posted this - I need to use the rest of my wrappers up! mmmm... can taste it all ready - this is a good one thanks Blonde!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers

Berry Spinach Salad with Strawberry Lime Vinaigrette

Blackberry & Mint Brownie Parfait

Beefy Macaroni and Cheese

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup