Skip to main content

Peanut Butter Buttercream

Creamy Peanut Butter Buttercream - soft and silky, and quickly will become a very favorite! 


Thanks so much to all you who tuned into my Instagram LIVE yesterday! I finally shared some of my recipes with you, as well as do my best to answer any and all of your cake-related questions. I hope to make them more of a regular thing, and am already planning one for next week going over my favorite cake decorating tools. 


This frosting, though. YOU GUYS. It will honestly change your life. It is one of my favorite frostings, and I use it all the time for my cake orders, as well as charming up my neighbors ;). 

It pairs lovely with chocolate cake the very best because, I mean, peanut butter and chocolate couldn't be more made for each other. Excited to hear what you guys think about this beauty of a buttercream! 


Peanut Butter Buttercream
makes 4 cups

ingredients:
1 Cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2/3-3/4 Cup Skippy creamy peanut butter
1 Tablespoon vanilla
pinch of salt
4-6 Cups sifted powdered sugar (depending on the consistency you'd like)
2-4 Tablespoons heavy cream (again, depends on your desired consistency)

method:
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add in cold butter, and mix on medium speed until butter is creamy. 
2. Add in peanut butter and mix on high speed until butter and peanut butter are uniform throughout. 
3. Add in vanilla & salt, then slowly add in powdered sugar about a half cup at a time with the mixer speed on low. Mixture will get clumpy (almost like cookie dough). 
4. Add in heavy cream, a tablespoon at a time, until you reach your desired consistency. More heavy cream for thinner buttercream, less for a thicker buttercream. Whip on high for at least 3 minutes, then use a wooden spoon to stir until buttercream has no air bubbles in it. 

*Can be stored up to a week for maximum freshness. 

Comments

  1. I am so excited to try making this frosting again.. the RIGHT way! The LIVE insta story was the BEST! AND I hope to WIN the cake!!! crossing my fingers! Thanks for sharing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing and I'm so glad you record LIVE insta stories! I love watching them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Monster Truck Birthday Party

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing