Skip to main content

Peach Crumb Cake


Peach season is still in full swing, and I just couldn't let the season pass without sharing a couple new & yummy peach recipes! We grew up with a peach tree right in our backyard, and believe it or not, I wasn't really a fan of peaches. WHAT? I know. Nuts, I was completely nuts, I tell you. I just wasn't a huge fan. Well, just as most taste-buds do, mine changed for the better, and peaches have become one of my very favorite fruits to eat and bake with! I've honestly never made them into a cake before, and this lovely cake right here has changed my mind forever. Move on over peach pie, this peach crumble cake has my heart wrapped right around every slice! 


Each slice has the perfect texture in every bite! The cake is incredibly soft and moist (no hint of dryness at all in this one). It's made 100% from scratch, which I don't usually do for cakes (only because I have a set of tricks for making a cake box mix taste better than homemade!). The taste was delightfully mild, but happily soaked in all the gorgeous peach flavors while baking. The peaches were soft and juicy, and always burst with flavor when they're perfectly in season like they are right now! And the crumble, oh that heavenly crumble, is filled with the makings for which dreams are made. Like I said before, every bite has a little soft, little juicy, little crumble, and lots of sweet. I love, love, love this cake! Let's get into how it's made, eh? 


You start with the pan - using a spring-form pan is definitely essential. It will help a lot with the overall presentation, as well as getting those perfectly sliced pieces out of the pan a lot easier. Also, I use my spring-form pan a lot (not just for cheesecakes!), so if you don't have one, they are definitely well worth getting one. :) 


The cake layer is incredibly soft - almost like a sponge cake or angel food cake softness. There's a bit of sour cream and buttermilk in the cake, so it's not super sweet - which is really awesome for this cake. 


The sweetness shines through from the soft juicy peaches. As ripe as you can find, the better. I think the next time I make this I'll add in another layer of peaches. 


Lastly is that heavenly crumble. It has quite a bit of cinnamon and some other warm spices that make this crumble perfect for fall! The crumble isnt soft - more of a crunchy topping to the already soft cake and peaches. We served this a la mode with a bit of my salted caramel drizzle. Ryan and I basically ate this entire thing by ourselves! I know, that's terrible, but it was slice by slice every night while we watched Netflix together. haha. Good times. Enjoy this lovely cake, my friends! I have another peach recipe coming right at you this week. :) 


Peach Crumb Cake 
12 servings

ingredients:

crumble: 

1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt 
1/2 cup (4oz) unsalted butter, melted

cake: 
1 1/2 cups all-purpsoe flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda 
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 lb peaches at room temperature, cored and sliced (about 4 medium peaches)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (4oz) unsalted butter, barely softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup buttermilk

method:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a spring-form pan with a little cooking spray. 
2. To make the crumbs: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt until well blended. Pour in melted butter and then fold mixture together until evenly crumbled together. Set aside.
3. To make the cake: In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined. Set aside. 
4. In the bowl of an stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whip together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs one at a time, then add in vanilla. In a separate small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and sour cream. 
5. Alternating between the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture, add in about 1/2 cup of each mixture at a time, mixing between until just combined (don't overmix!). Pour cake batter into the prepared sprinform pan. Lay sliced peaches on the batter evenly, then top with the crumble. 
6. Bake for 50 minutes, until the center of the cake is set (check with a toothpick), then let cool on a wire rack until mostly cooled. Serve a la mode and warm :). Enjoy! 

Recipe source: Cooking Classy 

Comments

  1. Oh mercy peaches are our favorite. This looks wonderful. I wish we could get good peaches all year.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my deliciousness!!! Can't wait to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to make this immediately! I live a great peach cobbler with cranberry, believe it or not it's absolutely decadent especially with that vanilla bean icecream!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peaches and this peach crumb cake is making me hungry. Have you tried Pakistani Cooking Recipes I love all Pakistani Recipes and mostly the appetizers by zarnak sidhwa recipes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Almond Infused Cream Cheese Frosting