Skip to main content

S'mores Crumble Bars


Summer is calling. 

And our favorite s'mores flavors are leading the charge. 



There are a few things I love about summer. Okay, there's a MILLION things I love about summer. #1 is that it's NOT winter! Hah! You'd think living almost a few decades in Utah, I'd get used to all the snow and the horrors of driving in ice and sleet. 

Nope. 

Not one bit. 

So you can imagine my excitement when anti-winter comes rolling around in the form of one of my favorite seasons. Summertime is bliss. It's the time we can be outside more than inside. I go barefoot most of the way (I'm sure my parents-in-law love it when I show up at their house without any shoes on... Seriously, was I raised in a barn? Am I four again?) Nope. Just love the feel of fresh grass and warm sidewalk under my feet. 


Summertime also brings a lot of cookouts, bbq's, shindigs, parties, soirees, potlucks, mixers, socials... whatever the heck you want to call them. They happen, and happen frequently here in the beautiful summertime weather.  

Something my Mom always reminded me is to "never come empty handed" to a gathering. So, with that voice of hers in my head at almost all times, and a bunch of gatherings happening on a weekly basis, I whipped up a pan of my favorite flavors. It was SUPER easy, and tasted just like my favorite s'mores! 


S'mores Crumble Bars
makes one 8x8 pan (16 medium servings)

ingredients:
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 C sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla extract
1 + 1/3 C all-purpose flour
3/4 C graham cracker crumbs
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 + 1/2 C dark chocolate or milk chocolate chips
3 C small marshmallows

method:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8x8 square glass baking pan with cooking spray. 
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, beat again. 
3. In a separate medium bowl, stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture in the mixing bowl. Beat together until completely combined and very crumbly. If it looks too wet, add a little more flour. 
4. Press half the dough into your prepared 8x8 square dish. Bake for 15 minutes. 
5. When removed from the oven, and still blazing hot, spread out chocolate chips on the hot surface. Let sit for a minute so the chocolate chips can melt. Top with a layer of marshmallows, and then crumble the remaining dough over the marshmallow layer. Bake 10-15 minutes and then cool completely in the pan before serving. 

recipe adapted from: she knows

Comments

  1. Wow, these look delicious! Pinned and printed off the recipe, so I can make them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look AMAZING!!! They look like they would seriously melt in your mouth instantly. Love the crumble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, s'mores! I don't think I've ever seen a s'mores bar with a crumble! I want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither had I - until I found this recipe and then put a Blondie twist on it :)

      Delete
  4. Love that you combined crumble bars and s'mores! These look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was seriously so easy, and tasted just like both a crumble and a s'more - win, win! Thanks Jessica!

      Delete
  5. Yum, I love smores. Also walking barefoot is healthy. My mom talked to a holistic guy and he said that walking on grass and dirt is called earthing. You can research it. Energy from the earth is good for your cells. My sister used to never wear shoes. She used to go grocery shopping barefoot. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% support "earthing" now. :) I didn't know it had a name - but I've been doing it since I was a little girl. I HATE wearing shoes! I still am going to wear them to the store, though, haha (our grocery store's floor is kind of gross). She's hard core!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Almond Infused Cream Cheese Frosting