Next on the list of eclairs this week is the ever-so-mouth-watering Peanut Butter Cream Filled Eclairs.
My mother-in-law wrote me an email about a day after we delivered these to my father-in-law for his birthday...
...she basically screamed that these were all she wanted for Christmas this year.
What can I say? Peanut-butter-lovers and this eclair were made for each other.
I LOVE this design on eclairs. It looks fancy. It looks special. And it looks like you know a little bit about decorating a little pastry. However, it's the easiest darned thing you'll ever do.
I guarantee it.
(said in the Mens Warehouse guy's voice from the commercial).
Peanut Butter Eclairs
to make the eclairs: follow my base eclair, white chocolate & chocolate cream cheese sauce recipes here, and instead of filling with blackberry cream, fill with peanut butter cream.
Whipped Peanut Butter Cream Filling
makes enough, trust me.
2-4 heaping Tablespoons of cream peanut butter
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
1 t vanilla
1/2 C powdered sugar
1. Throw your metal mixing bowl and whisk attachment into the freezer.
2. Remove mixer bowl and whisk from freezer, and place onto your stand mixer. Add heavy whipping cream and whip until stiff peaks form (starting on low for about a minute, then low-medium for a minute, and medium for a minute... on and on until you hit high). When stiff peaks form, add vanilla and powdered sugar.
3. Blend. Taste. Adjust sweetness to your liking.
4. Microwave peanut butter until almost a liquid. Let cool for a minute. Fold into the whipped cream, gently.
1. To achieve the design on the eclairs, dunk your cooled and filled eclair in the chocolate sauce. Immediately, drizzle the white chocolate in a small controlled zig-zag drizzle over top. Then, with a tooth pick, draw a line parallel to the long side of the eclair going away from you. Next, lightly draw another line towards you right next to the last line.
Stay tuned for the last new Eclair recipe this week! Cookies & Cream!