Skip to main content

Kitchen Tip of the Week: My Counter Top Secret



We're still renting, so I guess I can't technically call it my kitchen... but I still love my kitchen. However, I tend to run out of counter space very, very, quickly. Ingredients are usually sprawled out all over the place, a lot of the counter space is beneath a protruding cabinet, and I find myself needing just a little more room (especially if it's a day where I'm making a cake for someone, and still trying to try a new recipe for dinner that afternoon/evening). 

The granite counter tops are lovely, and I adore them. But when I'm trying to roll out some dough or fondant, and the tile crease from the counter shows right through, it can be a little frustrating. 

Both are annoying dilemmas which bring me to this week's Kitchen Tip:

Tip: Use a large finished piece of wood to cover up your sink in the kitchen to instantly create more counter top space to work on. 

I found this piece of wood by our neighbor's garbage can. They were throwing away a huge desk in pieces, it was garbage day, and I couldn't help but snag it right up. I brought it inside and disinfected/cleaned the filth out of it. Now, I use it all the time as a photo background, and especially as a helpfully flat & un-tiled counter space to work on. It has been a lifesaver, and I love having more light next to the window while frosting cakes, chopping ingredients, etc, without the white cabinets in my face. 

I just have to remember not to turn on the sink when the board is there... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Almond Infused Cream Cheese Frosting