Skip to main content

Spicy Chicken Pizza with Pepper Jack Cheese and Cilantro, Simple No Knead Pizza Dough


Mother's Day was just lovely. I didn't have to lift a finger in the kitchen. My Ryan makes the yummiest BBQ Chicken and Rice (big time kudos to his Dad for passing on such a gem of a recipe). I crave this chicken. I crave the rice. It's beyond therapy.

 I made sure to have Ryan make the recipe with extra chicken just so I could use it for pizza today. Plus, we still had extra Pepper Jack Cheese to use up from our Chili Lime Turkey Burgers with Guacamole from last week. So the stars were aligned for this flavorful pizza to enter our kitchen. It was well-welcomed. 

I've never really made my own pizza dough. I know. Crazy. But I get so busy sometimes and it's so much easier to just use the stupid mixes. Today, I learned my lesson, and will forever more make my own pizza dough no matter how busy the day. This dough was so easy, that I (the queen of killing yeast and dough and sucking at anything "making bread from scratch" related) made it perfectly on the first try. I LOVED the dough like I love cilantro (which is maybe a little too much) -  the olive oil flavor surrounded each fluffy pepper-loaded pizza bite. I had half the dough recipe left over as well. Perfect for tomorrow's recipe.

This pizza has loads of color (green peppers, yellow peppers, red peppers, purple onion, etc), and I thought it looked just beautiful! The pepper jack cheese was so creamy and warm - it mixed perfectly with the salsa-soaked peppers. I was so happy to use fresh cilantro from my little herb garden, too. Go team. 

Also, I've had a few questions regarding "EVOO". It's a Rachel Ray thing. It stands for Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and it's officially in the dictionary now. "Did you know thaaat? Nowww you knowww." That was Bill Nye the Science Guy in case you thought I've finally gone mental. 

Great. Now I have the Bill Nye song in my head...

------

Spicy Chicken Pizza with Pepper Jack Cheese and Cilantro
recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction 

1 T EVOO
1/2 C chopped red onion
3 cups diced fresh red, yellow and green bell peppers
1 lb homemade pizza dough
1/2 cup homemade salsa
2 cups (8 oz.) pepper jack cheese, shredded
Chopped cilantro
1 ½ cups cooked and shredded chicken

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add bell peppers; sauté 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.

Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough onto a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray; press dough evenly to all edges of pan. Bake in preheated 425°F 8 minutes. 3. Stir salsa into cooked vegetables; spread over partially baked crust. Top with chicken and cheese.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Cut into squares; garnish with cilantro or oregano if desired.

------

Simple No Knead Olive Oil Pizza Dough 
recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction

2-3/4 cups lukewarm water
1-1/2 tablespoon granulated yeast (2 packets)
1-1/2 tablespoons Kosher salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup EVOO
6-1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, or in a large (5 quart) bowl working with a wooden spoon, mix the yeast, salt, sugar, and olive oil with the water.
Mix in the flour without kneading. I found this process to be incredible simple with my stand mixer, but it will certainly come together the old fashioned way. If you are not using a machine, you may need to wet your hands in order to incorporate the bit of flour.
Transfer dough to large (5 quart) bowl or lidded food container. Cover (not airtight), and allow to rest at room temperature until dough rises and collapses (or flattens on top), approximately 2 hours.
The dough can be used immediately after the initial rise, though it is easier to handle when cold. Refrigerate in a lidded (not airtight) container and use over the next 12 days.


 
I've been featured! 
featured I'm topsy turvy tuesdays
&

Thank you! 


linking up here. 

Comments

  1. We love homemade pizza around here. I'd never thought of using pepperjack cheese, but we love that too, so why not! I almost always have some lurking in the refrigerator. Looks delicious. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I loved how easy it was - and now what to do with the extras.... :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking up all of your recipes for our Tasty Tuesday party! We love following all of your yummy posts and would love it if you'd follow our blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! Can't wait to try it :)

    The Farm Girl
    thefarmgirlrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie - I peeked over at your site! You have some really awesome stuff going on, girl! Nice work!

      Delete
  4. This looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenn! I loved this pizza like crazy!

      Delete
  5. Oh my word! I should not have looked at this while I was hungry! It sounds delicious =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, it really was! I'm with you - I can never be on Pinterest when I'm hungry!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a winner to me - anything with chipotle has my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm.... no chipotle in this recipe. But still a winner :)

      Delete
  7. This looks SO good. I love trying new combos for pizza and I can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're the same! I love all different kinds of pizzas! It's so fun to try new combos. Thanks for stopping by, Sara!

      Delete
  8. This looks so good! I can not wait to try this. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ashley, for following! And let me know if you try this :)

      Delete
  9. Okay, this is just funny now. This is the second link of yours I have clicked on today!!! Needless to say this looks delicious and i love your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO way! Nice work! Thanks so much for visiting... again! hah!

      Delete
  10. Wow, you have made me so hungry. You have such a lucky family!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle! I hope my little guy stays as non-picky as he is right now, probably won't, but I'm crossing my fingers!

      Delete
  11. Yum! This looks and sounds delicious. Would you consider linking it up at my Pinworthy Projects Party? I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! This looks amazingly good. Okay, I am hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks so much - I get the same way - especially if I'm food blogging before breakfast! I get waaaay hungry!

      Delete
  13. Always glad to see your delicious recipes thanks for sharing with us on Foodie Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodnesss this looks so good! Just shared on our FB page! Have a great week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw! That meant the world to me! You guys are so kind - thank you thank you!!!

      Delete
  15. Eeek! you already have your feature button on! I'm so glad you saw your feature already! I had to come over and comment though. You linked up so many amazing recies last week I can't wait to see what you link up next! Mmmm! My pizza dough is really similar to yours! I love cooking with EVOO (I've never written it like that- did I do it right?) Glad you found my blog and joined our party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! And I was SO excited! Your site is so wonderful - and you make the most crazy-awesome cakes!! Thanks so much for the feature!

      Delete
  16. This pizza looks amazing and I love the no-knead pizza dough! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yes! It was so easy - I loved the recipe! Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  17. This is a very nice chicken dish. Would you be happy to link it in to my Chicken Edition of Food on Friday? This is the link . I found this through live.laugh.rowe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Monster Truck Birthday Party

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing