Skip to main content

Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

Sunday dinners... sigh... sometimes they're fancy schmancy, and sometimes they're downright simplified. These days, we don't really get to have the giant pork roasts, mouth-watering lasagne, or decadent manicotti dishes as I was used to while growing up (love you Mom!). But it's okay, right? Getting groceries with Ryan and the manchild led me straight to a tasty deal on Pork Chops. Sunday dinner: check.

I usually am not a complete fan of pork chops. I like them, sure, but I always end up with a strange, rough, texture after cooking them. I found this recipe, and have officially regained my faith in the mighty pork chop. We could have cut into the pork with a spoon after thy underwent this recipe makeover.

I don't have a picture, but imagine this on your plate: velvety, soft, and smothered pork chops, on a bed of creamy, garlicy mashed potatoes with the zing of parmesan. So delicious and very filling, I'm tellin' ya. You're man will be one happy camper.

------

"Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
(with my commentary)

6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick (we bought two butterfly cut pork chops)
1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
10 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup (I used two cans of sodium-free Cream of Chicken. The gravy went a lot further that way, I think.
4 lbs peeled, cubed potatoes
5 Tablespoons real butter (I used the fake "Can't believe it's not butter" version)
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
6 cloves roasted garlic
(directions are below) (do this, it made the potatoes come alive!)
1- 1 1/2 Cups warm skim milk (any milk will do, I used skim)
1 Tablespoon salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, or to taste


Place pork chops, Ranch seasoning and soup into a medium sized crock pot over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours.

Place potatoes into a large pot of cold water. Place onto stove top over high heat and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and transfer to the work bowl of a stand or electric mixer. Mix on low until potatoes are mashed then add butter, Parmesan, garlic, milk, salt and pepper. Season to taste if needed. For thinner mashed potatoes add more milk, slowly until your desired consistency.

Scoop mashed potatoes onto serving plates and top with pork chops and soup gravy from crock pot. I put a little parsley on top to serve.

Roasted Garlic
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bulb of garlic with skins on, wrap lightly in tin foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove from foil and let cool for 15 minutes. Remove garlic from skins, place in a bowl and mash with a fork until completely mashed. Set aside. One garlic bulb will have around 12 cloves."

-----

Recipe Source: realmomkitchen.com

Comments

  1. Mandy, this will be my next Sunday dinner. Did you find this on Pinterest? I saw this and was curious about it. Now I know. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited you're making this recipe! You won't be disappointed. I listed the recipe source, but you're right, I originally found it on Pinterest (totally forgot) - here's the link, chika! : http://pinterest.com/pin/7670261834868015/

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Monster Truck Birthday Party

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing