|(Pic from EverydaywithRachelRay)|
(4 Servings, 10 min Prep, 15 min cook)
* 1 pound frozen cheese tortellini
* 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 5 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced separately
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 1 2/3 cups milk
* Salt and pepper
* 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook the tortellini until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, add the peas, butter and scallion whites to another large saucepan and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the scallion greens and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the tortellini and 1/3 cup cheese into the sauce. Divide the pasta among 4 serving bowls and Easy does it sprinkle with more cheese.