Skip to main content

Gnocchi, Sweet Corn & Arugula in Cream Sauce

 What a fun weeknight meal this turned out to be!

Another recipe from Better Homes & Gardens strikes again! I love those guys! I'm definitely their new biggest fan. I would have never thought of putting these ingredients together, but after tasting them in this dish, I don't know how I'll ever keep them away from each other in the kitchen.

The creamy, soft gnocchi was great contrast to the the tasteful crispiness of the corn and arugula. I threw in some mushrooms (leftover from yesterday), too. The recipe originally calls for less corn, but I wanted three whole ears (corn is in my blood, so to speak). Also I changed the herb seasoning to fresh basil. The basil went so well with the arugula and creamy sauce. We'll definitely be making this one again. It was light, and had a little taste of everything.

Ryan said it needed bacon :)

-------

Gnocchi, Sweet Corn & Arugula in Cream Sauce
recipe based on Better Homes & Gardens

3 medium-sized fresh sweet corn on the cob
3 C fresh arugula (I used a mix of fresh arugula and spinach)
3/4 C fresh mushrooms, chopped (optional)
1 pound potato gnocchi
3/4 C half and half (or half heavy cream, half whole milk/skim)
3 oz light cream cheese
1 t salt
1 t garlic powder
1 t fresh basil, julienne
1/4 t black pepper
Pinch of crushed red pepper 
Parmesan cheese for sprinkling

In large pot, boil water and cook gnocchi according to package directions, adding in the corn on the cob in the last 5 minutes. Remove corn, transfer to cutting board. Drain gnocchi, but make sure to reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. Don't rinse your gnocchi.

For the cream sauce, combine half and half, cream cheese, salt, garlic powder, fresh basil, and pepper in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium for about 10 minutes, stirring until cream cheese has evenly dispersed throughout sauce. Stir in reserved pasta water.

Slice your corn off the cob. 

In a medium bowl, combine your pasta sauce, corn, gnocchi and arugula. Sprinkle with additional salt, pepper, basil, and crushed red pepper if desired. Enjoy it, man.

I was featured!
homemade crafts 
and
White Lights on Wednesday 
and
  Serenity you 
and
 

Thank you!

Comments

  1. Mmmm that looks AMAZING!!! I love gnocchi, and this sounds like a wonderful way to prepare it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my new favorites! I don't think you can go wrong with gnocchi - it's such a fun thing to prepare, and eat!

      Delete
  2. This looks absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks absolutely amazing, I want some! Thanks so much for sharing at Pin It and Win It Wednesday @ www.cheapcraftymama.com!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks so good! I will definitely be trying this one. I might add bacon too!

    If you would like to join in with another weekend linky party, my Say G'Day Saturday link up has begun and I would be thrilled if you could join in!

    I'm following you too and look forward to reading more of your blog!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, thanks for the invite Natasha! Such a cute blog you have :)

      Delete
  5. OMG! This looks incredible! I would love for you to share this Wednesday at 'What's Cooking Wednesdays' at www.firsthomelovelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I don't ike to prepapre food much, but I sure do love to look at it and eat it! This Italian dish looks healthy and delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah - I feel the same way sometimes... usually on the weekends!

      Delete
  7. Thank you! I'll link up a couple for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious! Can't wait to try!

    www.chic-sugar.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great - I love Gnocchi and just happen to have some arugula in the fridge. I might just have to make this!

    I'd love for you to share this on my new link party:
    http://naptimedelights.blogspot.ca/2012/05/tuesdays-tidbits-2.html

    Thanks!
    Sarah
    {http://www.naptimedelights.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drooooool. This looks amazing. Definitely trying this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so good and a great option for Meatless Mondays. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really yummy. I've never cooked with gnocchi & I don't even really know what it is. Thanks for broadening my horizons!

    Warmly, MIchelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is my plan for tomorrow night, I saw it in the magazine and can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mm this looks delicious! Your newest follower :)

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  15. this. was. amazing. My fiance devoured it, and it was so good and filling i was unable to finish mine. I made it twice, once with store bought gnocchi and once with homemade. Homemade is better if you have the time. GREAT RECIPE !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Monster Truck Birthday Party

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing