Skip to main content

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing


 
Happy Easter, everyone! Today we're spending Easter Sunday with Ryan's family. Our little manchild looked so handsome in his little dress clothes for church. What a stud. 

This is the side dish I chose to bring today for dinner. I love fruit mucho. It's so fresh and light - I love exploding grapes in my mouth, the slight bitterness of blueberries, and the familiar sweetness of strawberries. So when I found this recipe through Pinterest, I just had to try it out this weekend. I was a little nervous about the sweet lime and honey glaze over the fruit salad, but after tasting a couple pieces... it's really fantastic! Perfectly simple, and beautifully decadent. This is a keeper, for sure.

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape 
Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing
recipe by oh! youcook!

1 pt. container strawberries
1 pt. container blueberries
1  bunch (about 1 1/2 lbs.) seedless grapes (green, red or a mixture of both)
1/4 cup honey  

juice from 2 limes (about 2-3 tablespoons)

Rinse strawberries, blueberries and grapes. Gently pat dry the fruit.  Hull strawberries, then cut each in half; if large, cut into quarters. Remove stems from blueberries, if any. Remove grapes from stems. Gently combine  all three in a large bowl or aluminum tray.  Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together honey and lime juice.  Pour over fruit.   



Comments

  1. what a beautiful fruit salad...love all the colors in it!!! And honey lime drizzled on it? Sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so, so good. We lived in Germany for a while, and I remember some of our German friends serving a fruit salad with honey lime dressing on it. I've always wanted to replicate the salad, but could never figure out the dressing. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing you lived in Germany - I've always always wanted to visit there. You'll have to let me know if it's the same taste you fell in love with. If not, it's still such a tasty twist to your typical fruit salad! Thanks for coming by, Ruth! You rock!

      Delete
  3. This sounds so good! A perfect spring and summer dish! I would love for you to link it up to my link party. I know my readers would love it too! http://weliketolearnaswego.blogspot.com/2012/04/what-i-learned-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like this would be a nice summer dessert (or even side dish). Thanks for sharing.
    Hopped over from Blue Cricket Design Blog Hop!
    Hugs -
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Carol. I can't wait to incorporate more and more summer fruits in this recipe as we get closer to the season!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to try this fruit salad recipe - found you on BlueCricket Linky Party! You should stop by my blog and see the fruit salad basket I carved out of watermelon - the two would go great together. Cheers, MGal watchmediy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great combo, thanks for the recommendation! You will just love the honey-lime dressing, it's to die for.

      Delete
  6. This looks amazingly good...and so pretty in the Trifle Bowl! I would love if you would add this to the Lovely Things Thursday Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love this salad! We loved having you at our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday.' We hope you'll be back again soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks and sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It really was so fresh and addicting. I think we ended up blending it all together the day after for smoothies.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for linking up to What I Learned Wednesday! I hope you'll come again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! My hubby and I are so hungry. I eat with my eyes, and your pictures are making me so hungry. :) What a beautiful salad! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The colors are usually not thrown together for a fruit salad, but they made us all hungry, too! Thanks for hosting, Alison! You always have a fantastic link party!

      Delete
  11. Yum! I'm pinning this for later too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh. This is one of our absolute favorites. I'm sure you guys will love it, too!

      Delete
  12. Yum I love that it includes cream cheese! That makes everything seem to rich, and decadent! fruit salad recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Monster Truck Birthday Party