Skip to main content

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies

This week I'm supposed to be taking things easy. I recently saw this recipe on one of my favorite food blogs, Six Sisters' Stuff, and was happy to see how few ingredients I'd have to manage in order to have an excellent cookie as a result.

Ryan inhaled these things. I love how gooey and moist they are in the center. I'm a big fan of under-cooking cookies a wee bit. So for this recipe we only had them in the oven for about 8 minutes, versus the prescribed 10 minutes. After making these, I don't know how easy it will be to go back to the giant list of ingredients for such a simple chocolate cookie anymore. They're so divine, we just love them.

Can you imagine making these with strawberry cake mix and white chocolate chips? Good heavens.

Enjoy these little suckers. They deserve it. And so do you, I say!


---

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies
recipe by Stephanie


1 (18.25 oz.) box cake mix (I used yellow - Super Moist Betty Crocker)
1 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix and baking powder. Add eggs and oil, then mix until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips, or your choice of additions. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.  Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

Comments

  1. Yummy!Easy enough to bake in the motorhome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! They sound incredible! Will definitely have to try these! Thanks for sharing!

    Take care,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy !:) thanks for sharing such an awesomely easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried your suggestion with the strawberry cake mix and white chocolate chips...and let me just say, they are amazing! Thanks for the recipe and awesome twist!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way!!! You just made my day! I can't wait to try it that way - I knew I wanted to, but just hadn't come around to it yet. Thanks Wendy!!

      Delete
  5. These were amazing, and too easy! i wonder if the same could be done with brownie mix!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely you could do this with a regular brownie mix! It would be so much easier :)

      Delete
  6. LOVE your blog!! I am pinning everything tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the original recipe, and they are also DELICIOUS if you make them with devil's food cake mix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay I've made these 4 times in the last month. And I bought a case of yellow cake mix at the case lot sale. This is a problem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ive made these numerous times over the course of the last year (nearly) and we love them..but being 5 months pergnant ive got a mad craving for butterscotch so im making them again tonight with half cup chocolate chips and half cup butterscotch chips..can NOT wait to eat them..yummy! i never make regular cookies anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cookies are off the chain!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Almond Infused Cream Cheese Frosting