Skip to main content

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party


Sugar-free devil's food cake mini cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
Yep. It was our little man's very first birthday party. I decided to base our theme on the very adorable "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" children's book by Eric Carle. It was such a wonderful afternoon with family, and there were plenty of tasty treats to be had! Thank heavens for Pinterest, as well.

The Birthday boy's cake! Sugar-free devil's food cake with sugar-free frosting. All frosted and ready for him to stuff in his little baby face.
 Strawberry & cream cheese Cake Pops with white chocolate frosting
Invitations
 
 Caterpillar Food party favors

 My third attempt at covering a fondant cake. Second attempt using gum paste. The gum paste dried out quicker than expected, but I think the fruit still looked like fruit, eh?
Table before the punch and fruit dips arrived, and before we sliced up the fruit.
 Caterpillar mobile using Chinese lanterns. I found them online super-cheap, then added the eyes, mouth, ears, and little feet with regular scrapbook paper.
 Strawberries
 Plums
 Fondant cake topper. What a cute little guy!
 Pears
 Oranges
 Apples
 Table from the left
Table from the right
  
Picture montage as #1
8 layer vanilla cake with butter cream frosting.

I loved throwing a birthday party for my little guy! It was a blast, and everyone was so generous and fantastic - love you guys. Happy birthday, little man!

Comments

  1. Wonderful job!! I am very impressed and wish we could have been there in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! I love it! You did such a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, when you guys have kids, their parties are going to be TOP notch! I can't even begin to imagine what you'd cook up!

      Delete
  3. This looks like such a cute party! You did an amazing job! www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! Your blog looks fantastic - thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. You did such an amazing job! I love parties that have a book theme. The cake is fabulous too. I love that it was rainbow inside. I'd love it if you'd share this at Whimsy Wednesday at www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/03/whimsy-wednesdays-2.html. We go live tomorrow night at 8 EST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to, Jenny! Only... I tried your link and it tells me "the page cannot be found". I'll keep trying it.

      Delete
  5. This is SO perfect! I love it! We really appreciate you sharing this at our link party this week! We can't wait to see what you are up to next week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Trish! And congrats on your feature today on Six Sister's Stuff :)

      Delete
  6. This is so beautiful! Love that the chocolate cake doubled as a smash cake! Can you share the links or directions to how you did the food labels and boxed candy favor labels (caterpillar food)? Great job on the cake! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Monster Truck Birthday Party