Soft peppers, zesty lime, and chicken seasoned and roasted to perfection, all baked on the same sheet pan. Dinner is ready in minutes!
Here we are on day FOUR of my Sheet Pan Meal Week, and this one is probably the easiest.
Okay, it's totally the easiest. By far.
Other than chopping the peppers and chicken, even my 5-year old can make this by himself start to finish!
I shared this recipe on my first ever Facebook Live video last week. I've always known since Facebook LIVE was a thing that I wanted to jump right in and share recipes with you in my kitchen. So far, I've really loved it. Still trying to work out some kinks here and there, but so far the response (especially with my last video here with over 3K views already since Monday!), has been really great. So if you're not following me on Facebook, you need to asap! I've started going LIVE every Monday, but am thinking of maybe doing it on Wednesdays and Thursdays, too. So make sure to click "follow/subscrible/notificatons when I go live" so you don't miss a thing, and can ask me any question you'd like to when I'm LIVE!
These chicken fajitas are a lifesaver. I know fajitas aren't anything new in the foodie world, but baking them on a sheet pan instead of on the stove has sure been SOOO much easier. I can throw everything on one pan, bake it up while I'm prepping the rest of dinner, or taking a quick power nap (haha, I wish), and dinner is ready in under 20 minutes with less than 3 minutes of prep (depending on how fast you can chop!).
I hope you've all enjoyed my Sheet Pan Week so far - 4 fun sheet pan meal recipes to try, or to at least get you inspired to try making dinner simple and tossing everything on a pan in the oven. I'm already knee-deep in my themed week for March, and I'm sure you're going to fall absolutely in love with each and every one of the recipes headed your way!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
makes 4 servings
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
olive oil for drizzling
flour tortillas, cilantro, avocado, lime wedges for servings
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prep a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together seasonings (cumin, paprika, chili powder, onions powder, salt and pepper). Set aside.
3. On the prepped cookie sheet, spread around the bell peppers and onion. Add chicken strips and sprinkle taco seasoning all over. Drizzle with olive oil then toss everything to coat. Spread everything into an even layer.
4. Roast in preheated oven, tossing halfway through baking, until veggies are tender and chicken has cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
5. Serve hot with warm tortillas, avocado slices, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges.
recipe source: Baking with Blondie