Back to the Pizza Muffins. Addicting. They never last - we gobble them up too fast. This time I fed some to our little guy and (surprise, surprise) he loved them. Ever since I made them the first time, they've been in our permanent rotation. I think we end up having them once or twice a month! For us, that's a lot. I don't think we eat the same thing more often than that - other than canned soup, BLTs etc. I love how easy they are to assemble, and how after little prep time, you're left with such a delicious result. I mean, who doesn't like pizza? Why not have them in a little muffin, right? Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em. You will just die when you make these, they're just so yummy!
(with my commentary)
1 c. chopped pepperoni (we just buy the mini-pepperoni, it's in the lunch meat section next to the regular-sized pepperoni.)
1 c. chopped ham (we just use whatever lunch meat we have on hand - usually ham)
2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded (one time we tried this with the Kraft "Pizza Blend" cheese and it turned out lovely - but I think I prefer the mozzarella).
1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
1 c. pizza sauce, seasoned to liking
Pizza dough (we go the super-ghetto way, and buy the "pop" out pillsbury pizza dough, already in the rectangular shape)
(We usually add other pizza toppings like chopped red onion, chopped green/red pepper, olives, etc)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Roll out pizza dough as if you were making cinnamon rolls (into a rectangular shape).
3. Spread pizza sauce evenly across surface of dough.
4. Sprinkle pepperoni and ham and 1 1/2 c. of cheese on top of sauce.
5. Roll up dough carefully into log and pinch the ends to close. Cut 12 even slices and place into a greased (pam is works better than butter) regular muffin pan.
6. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella & parmesan cheese on top of each muffin and place into oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Source: stephenandnat.blogspot.com