Skip to main content

Pizza Muffins


I fell in love with these the first time I saw them posted on my friend Natalie's blog. Her blog is fantastic, by-the-way. She posts a lot of really wonderful recipes, as well as beautiful crafts. I'm completely jealous of her fantastic talents as a seamstress. She's superwoman, guys, I'm sure of it. If you have a minute, it will be well worth to take a look through her crafts and recipes - very inspiring, and super-trendy! You go girl!

Back to the Pizza Muffins. Addicting. They never last - we gobble them up too fast. This time I fed some to our little guy and (surprise, surprise) he loved them. Ever since I made them the first time, they've been in our permanent rotation. I think we end up having them once or twice a month! For us, that's a lot. I don't think we eat the same thing more often than that - other than canned soup, BLTs etc. I love how easy they are to assemble, and how after little prep time, you're left with such a delicious result. I mean, who doesn't like pizza? Why not have them in a little muffin, right? Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em. You will just die when you make these, they're just so yummy!

------

Pizza Muffins
(with my commentary) 

1 c. chopped pepperoni (we just buy the mini-pepperoni, it's in the lunch meat section next to the regular-sized pepperoni.)
1 c. chopped ham (we just use whatever lunch meat we have on hand - usually ham)
2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded (one time we tried this with the Kraft "Pizza Blend" cheese and it turned out lovely - but I think I prefer the mozzarella).
1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
1 c. pizza sauce, seasoned to liking 

Pizza dough (we go the super-ghetto way, and buy the "pop" out pillsbury pizza dough, already in the rectangular shape)
(We usually add other pizza toppings like chopped red onion, chopped green/red pepper, olives, etc)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Roll out pizza dough as if you were making cinnamon rolls (into a rectangular shape).
3. Spread pizza sauce evenly across surface of dough.
4. Sprinkle pepperoni and ham and 1 1/2 c. of cheese on top of sauce.
5. Roll up dough carefully into log and pinch the ends to close. Cut 12 even slices and place into a greased (pam is works better than butter) regular muffin pan.
6. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella & parmesan cheese on top of each muffin and place into oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

 -----

Recipe Source: stephenandnat.blogspot.com

Comments

  1. I love you Mandy- and yes, these are delicious! Thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Monster Truck Birthday Party