A huge problem.
Well, I just can't get enough of them.
Just this past weekend, I even sliced and seeded an avocado, grabbed a handful of tortilla chips, and just plowed right through the dang thing right then and there.
And guess what I did the next day?
The same thing.
So you can imagine when avocados were priced-matched at 4/$1.00 at the supermarket, I came home with a pile of 'em. Most of them have been used in egg wraps, eaten in our favorite tacos, and some savored during the aforementioned "chip attack" method. This dip, however, was by far the most amazing. There's something so sneaky about greek yogurt - it's so multifaceted, and with that trait, can be used equally in savory dishes, as well as in our favorite sweet treats. With this beautiful creamy dip, it tastes just like sour cream. You could easily slather this stuff on anything of the Mexican food genre and be satisfied.
The chips? Seriously. Sea salt is taking over my life. Fully welcomed, I dare say.
Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip
1/2 C plain fat-free Greek Yogurt
2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
1 clove garlic, minced
3 T chopped fresh cilantro
1 T jalapeno pepper, chopped and seeded
2 T fresh lime juice
1/4 t ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1. In your food processor or blender, mix together yogurt, avocados, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, cumin and salt & pepper. Blend until very smooth. Serve with tortilla chips, fresh veggies, or in a wrap.
Recipe source: two peas & their pod
Baked Whole Wheat Tortilla Chips with Sea Salt
whole wheat tortillas (about 4 or 5)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet.
2. Lay tortillas on top of each other, and slice into wedges with a pizza slicer or large knife.
3. On your cooling rack, lay out each tortilla slice without overlapping any of them. Drizzle or brush wedges with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt (more if you like sea salt, less if you only want the flavor of it.)
4. Bake for about 15 minutes, flipping wedges halfway through, until golden and crispy.
Still in the running for the Top Food Blog of 2013 - you can vote once per day. Thanks again for all your support! All you do is click the link, and give Baking with Blondie a thumbs up!