I am SO psyched to be chosen twice in the last week for the Liebster Blog award! You guys rock! If you're like me, you probably aren't familiar with what this award means exactly.... in fact...
My first thought was what the heck is Liebster? Is it a like a lobster? I'm afraid of lobster. It's one of my husband's all-time-favorite foods, and he doesn't get it nearly enough (only if we, on rare occasion, are out for dinner and he orders it for himself). I think my ultimate cooking experience will be to serve him lobster that I made.... as in made myself.... as in throw the living, moving lobster into a pot of boiling water Julie and Julia style. Don't laugh, you! I can do it! Just not anytime soon. I hope. I guess those nightmares can now begin..
I did a teeny bit of research, and it looks like 'Liebster' actually means 'beloved' or 'favorite' in German. This award is used to highlight smaller, start-up websites, with under 200 followers, but deserve a little more recognition and attention for their awesomeness. Sounds like a sweet deal to me, and I'm truly humbled by the award to say the least.
I was nominated first by one of my favorite new dessert blogs Pint Sized Baker. Karyn is an absolute doll, and makes the most beautiful looking (and I'm sure equally as tasty) desserts. I mean, these Chick Pops she posted belong right next to Martha Stewart and Bakerella for crying out loud! Thanks so much, Karyn. I feel so blessed that anyone even visits my site once, let alone nominate me for a blog award.
Secondly, I was nominated by the lovely Adrienne Woods from Free Time Frolics. This lady does it all. I'm completely obsessed with her Rug Slip Makeover. The chocolate damask is to die for. Thank you so much, Adrienne. I'm still amazed over your Ice Cream Felties - I still can't figure out how people can be so talented with the 'ol thread and needle. I'm beyond challenged in that department.
I've been asked to nominate 3-5 other fellow bloggers for the award. I couldn't be happier to spread the love:
1. The first person I thought of was my former roommate Natalie. Her blog is called Life Made Simple. This girl has some beyond-creative genius flowing through her veins. She posts wonderful recipes, sews like a fiend, and takes gorgeous pictures of it all. They look like they're straight from a fancy food magazine! Lucky us, she just started a fabulous photography business as well, check it out: Honey & Hive. Love ya, Natalie!
2. Speaking of photography, Tracy Hill Photography takes the cake. She's a natural light photographer, and takes such beautiful pictures. I absolutely in love with her style. We hired her to do our family pictures last year, and I love every one she took. She's currently a student at BYU, majoring in Photography. You go, girl.
3. My third nominee will be the wonderful Christine at Park House Love. She does the most fantastic DIY projects - and I can't believe how much she can transform one simple object into something that belongs in Pottery Barn. She has some mad sewing skills, and she takes such great pictures of her journey. Thanks for sharing your magic with us, Christine!
Ladies, your mission:
" 1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your five picks for the award and let them know.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogshare-other bloggers.
5. Finally and the best rule of all………have fun and spread the love!"