Skip to main content

Chicken Parmesan Wraps

These delicious pockets of heaven melted in my mouth this afternoon. I love chicken and marinara sauce together. And crunchy egg roll wrappers? Need I say more? They're so versatile, you could stuff them with almost anything. Any surplus wrappers after making a recipe is never a problem, and always gets the juices flowing of how to use them!

I stumbled upon this blog via Pinterest (surprise, surprise), and have fallen in love with Andie's blog. Her recipes are simple, accessible, and perfectly delicious. I think we must have the same taste palete - I couldn't stop pinning her recipes as I scrolled through them. I can't wait to try them! Also, she has a really interesting weight loss story - lost 135 pounds, and she looks fantastic! She also happens to be the Social Media Manager for Foodista.com. You can find her awesome weight loss story here.

Anyway, this recipe is a keeper. I can't wait to make it again! I was a little nervous about the whole "boiling the chicken" thing - how gross. But I'm telling you now: do it. Boil that chicken, baby. It will be moist, and worth it in these little pocket lovers. I couldn't believe how tasty these were, considering how simple the ingredients are. They are so so so so good! Make them, and I promise you'll love them. You can thank me later.

------

"Chicken Parmesan Wraps
makes 6

8 oz raw chicken breast
1 cup marinara sauce, plus more for serving
6 egg roll wrappers (each 7 inches squared)
1 cup baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Place the chicken breast in a small pot and fill with enough water just to cover. Bring to a boil on your stove top, reduce the heat slightly, then simmer for about 12 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain and let cool before shredding with two forks, pulling against the grain of the meat. Mix the meat with the marinara sauce in a small bowl.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lay the egg roll wrappers on a clean work surface. Layer each with a few leaves of spinach, then chicken, followed by mozzarella and parmesan.

Lightly brush two adjacent sides of the wrapper with water and fold the upper left corner downward, covering the filling, and press to seal on the bottom right corner. Press to seal each of the sides. Repeat with remaining wraps.

Place all 6 filled wraps on a greased wire rack set over a cookie sheet, coat each in cooking spray or a light brushing of olive oil, and bake for about 12 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn a golden brown.
Serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping."

------

Recipe and Pic Source: canyoustayfordinner.com

Comments

  1. Made these tonight, so very very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! Thanks so much for telling me - made my night!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers

Berry Spinach Salad with Strawberry Lime Vinaigrette

Blackberry & Mint Brownie Parfait

Beefy Macaroni and Cheese

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup