1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon poppy seed
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream the butter and sugar together with a mixer on medium speed until creamy.
3. Beat in the egg, and lemon zest.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
5. Stir in the poppy seeds with the mixer on low speed.
6. Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2'' apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 11-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
8. Cool on sheets for 1 minute; transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
9. Glaze - combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl; mix well.
10. Drizzle glaze over cookies; let stand until glaze is set, about 20 minutes.